We answer all questions
Please feel free to ask any question about trade rules and regulations concerning export to Sweden and the EU – Open Trade Gate Sweden answers all. When we receive an enquiry, we make sure that we have sufficient details of the product in order to be able to find the information.
If the enquiry is too general for us to answer, we will get back to you for more details. All the questions we receive are answered, and if a question concerns an area we do not cover, we provide the contact details to the appropriate organisation or provide information on a generic level with relevant links and suggestions.
You can reach us by email or telephone. We cooperate with visiting delegations and embassies in Stockholm and provide training in Sweden and abroad. We also participate in seminars and conferences held by other organisations.
The answer to an enquiry usually covers
- General customs procedures and documents.
- The customs tariff that the Swedish importer must pay for the product.
- Any reduction of the customs tariff through a preferential agreement.
- Any certificate of origin required to benefit from such an agreement.
- The value-added tax (VAT) applicable for the product on the Swedish market.
- Product-specific requirements, for example, regarding labelling and packaging.